PrivacyProtector is a fake security software that comes bundled with other malware or program that uses malicious scripts to install itself on your computer without consent. It freezes up desktop with the message “Your Privacy Is In Danger!” PrivacyProtector denies your access to programs and other files inside the infected PC. It is also capable of reducing security settings on the Internet browser.
If PrivacyProtector enters the computer, you will not notice the activity. It is using an advanced technique that able to hide its presence. Once the malware is installed, you will see a number of alerts and warning stating that computer is infected. You should not fall into this trap. Its goal is to mislead you and let you pay for the registered version of PrivacyProtector.
Remove PrivacyProtector with the help of valid anti-malware software. Additionally, another scan with antivirus or online test may help delete the malware from the infected computer.
Screenshot Image of PrivacyProtector Free
It will display a red biohazard desktop wallpaper (screen) with message “You Privacy Is In Danger! Download Privacy Protection Software Now.”
It will pop-up a warning about threat on your computer. Warning! Privacy Violations Found
Signs and Symptoms of PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) Infection:
Browser is redirected to PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen):
- PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen) can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove PrivacyProtector Free (Red BioHazard Desktop Screen)
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.