AntivirusPro 2009 is a malicious program that propagates on its own web site and promoted as the most technologically advanced spyware removal software to date. First attack will be a trojan that can redirect web browser to their website and hopes that visitors can be convince by the presentation and misleading write-ups. Computer security experts already categorized AntivirusPro 2009 as a rogue security program that can do nothing but to mislead computer users by issuing fake scan results and redirecting web browser to some of its scam websites.
Risk Level: Medium
File Size: Varies
Affected System: Windows
AntivirusPro 2009 also performs the following:
1. AntivirusPro 2009 will pop-up its own program and displays fake scan results on computer. It will also prompt users to register the program.
2. Infected computers web browser will be redirected to the following site:
3. Infected computers can display a warning message:
Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system shutdown, freezed and crashes.
Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.
To get full advanced real time protection for PC and Internet activity, register Antivirus Pro 2009.
We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.
Signs and Symptoms of AntivirusPro 2009 Infection:
Browser is redirected to AntivirusPro 2009 web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, AntivirusPro 2009 will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
AntivirusPro 2009 will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that AntivirusPro 2009 will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of AntivirusPro 2009:
- AntivirusPro 2009 may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- AntivirusPro 2009 can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove AntivirusPro 2009
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.