Spyware.Monster.Fx is a threat that is falsely detected on computers infected with rogue program called Antivirus 2009. Warnings and alerts containing this threat name is mere tactics by cyber criminals to scare victims and persuade them to purchase the registered version of endorsed security software. If Spyware.Monster.Fx appears on the computer as seen in the image below, it only denotes that virus scanning is needed. Never download anything from this fake pop-up warning. Moreover, do not purchase the recommended application.
The full message of the fake warning and alerts states the following:
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0xF73120AE, 0xC0000008, 0xC0000000)
A spyware application has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop Error Screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure your antivirus software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your software manufacturer for any antivirus updates you might need.
Windows detected unregistered version of Antivirus 2009 protection on your computer. If problems continue, please activate your antivirus software to prevent computer damage and data loss…
Screenshot Image of Spyware.Monster.Fx:
Signs and Symptoms of Spyware.Monster.Fx Infection:
Browser is redirected to Spyware.Monster.Fx web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Spyware.Monster.Fx will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Spyware.Monster.Fx will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Spyware.Monster.Fx will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Spyware.Monster.Fx:
- Spyware.Monster.Fx may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Spyware.Monster.Fx can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Spyware.Monster.Fx
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.