Freview is a program that may display pop-up advertisements and other forms of promotional materials. Adware are technically normal programs that were made to intentionally show ads and generate revenue. Other variants of adware are made to install programs, browser add-ons, and hijack home page of the Internet browser to accomplish tasks.
Normal ways to spread Freview includes freeware or shareware applications. Some may acquire this threat by visiting malicious web site or web page that was uploaded to spread Freview. Spam emails, links from social networking sites and instant messaging programs are also some of the main cause for adware infection.
When Freview is executed, it will drop files on the computer. Registry entries are also created to run its code each time Windows starts. Modifications are then carried out on browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome to display ads and redirect requested web address to a different location. The effect of Freview may differ depending on the browser.
Adware is not a computer virus. It doesn’t spread on local network and you should never worry that it may infect files on the PC. Even though it is not as harmful as ordinary viruses, we still urge you to remove Freview and other potentially unwanted program on your computer. This kind of software is still unsafe and recommended to exist on the system.
Signs and Symptoms of Freview Infection:
Internet browser may exhibit pop-up advertisements
Adware, including Freview are made to generate online revenue by promoting products through ads that it will display on affected browser.
Requested web page will get redirect to unknown URL
With the modifications carried out by Freview, search results and requested web page will be rerouted to URL specified by the adware.
Freview can integrate modules on the browser
Toolbar can be added by the adware on the browser which consists of various buttons promoting several web sites and online services.
How to Remove Freview
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.