“Your computer is infected!” is a fake warning sign that will pop-up on the screen or take over the desktop of the compromised computer. Sole purpose of showing this message is to deceive computer users and make them believe that there is a problem on the PC. Then, it will suggest a removal tool that will cost some money for computer users.
If you are seeing an alert like “Your computer is infected!”, there may be a virus on the PC that you must get rid of. Although, having this warning doesn't always mean virus infection. This may also appear when visiting malicious or compromised web sites. In that instances, the warning will attract you into downloading a program that eventually have similar purpose of stealing money.
To stop “Your computer is infected!” from appearing, you must scan the computer with valid anti-virus and anti-malware program. We have provided simple guide on this page along with tools that you may use to scan the system.
Remove “Your computer is infected!” immediately before it can further add other malware into the system.
“Your computer is infected!” appearance may mean that settings on the web browser are modified by a virus or malware. It may run as a browser helper object and will attempt to redirect your requested site to potentially harmful web page.
Obviously, “Your computer is infected!” will appear from time-to-time and tries to convince you on problems that currently exist on the computer. It also requires you to download programs or tools that it endorses to fix the issue.
Other Functions of “Your computer is infected!”:
- It will display pop-ups for recommended programs
- This threat can disable security programs like anti-virus and firewall
- Default home page is modified and was set to unsolicited one
- Search result links are hijacked
- “Your computer is infected!” also issues fake warnings that will entice you run online tools
How to Remove “Your computer is infected!”
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.