Note: Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung is a trojan being displayed by a fake Windows Security Alert to mislead computer users and convince them to download a rogue security program called Personal Defenfer 2009. Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung alert is a non-existent threat that computer users should ignore, but the presence of the alerts simply justify that it is already infected with Trojan Downloader.
Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung is a deadly computer threat. It will connect to a remote server to download and upload files. Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung can also gather sensitive information from an infected computer. It will save gathered data as a log text file and send it to a remote attacker on scheduled basis.
Malware like Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung normally spreads via other threat like virus or Trojan. Computer users may also acquire this threat from malicious programs like cracked software, key generators, or any files from insecure file-sharing networks.
Once Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung is executed, it will create several malicious files under Windows System folder. To load the harmful code each time you start Windows, the Trojan will make some changes on the registry and include it in the start-up list.
When the Trojan is running on the PC, it may connect to an assigned server and download more threat to perform the following tasks:
- Steal sensitive information including online accounts like user name and passwords.
- Occasionally update its configuration and settings.
- Upload a file to a remote server.
Computer Security Recommendations:
- Install antivirus and firewall program. A combination of these two may prevent Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung, virus, and hacking attack.
- Use complex passwords on every aspect that requires it. Hard to crack passowords containing alpha-numeric characters and not less than eight characters long will help prevent further damage on infected computer.
- Disable Autoplay of USB drives to avoid automatic launching of virus that is run via Autorun.Inf file.
See how to do it.
Internet Precautions to Avoid Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung While Online:
- Configure email clients to block incoming emails that contains attached files with .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr extensions.
- Be wise in opening e-mail attachments. Spam messages that pretend to be from a known source may contain harmful attached files that can lead to Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung infection.
- Never click on a suspicious link sent through instant messaging programs.
How to Remove Trojan-Keylogger.Win32.Fung
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.