Antivirus Plus is a fake security application created for the Windows platform. Antivirus Plus can be obtained by redirecting Internet browser to a fake online virus scanner website like “My Computer Online Scan.” On this site, users will be deceive with fake virus detection and will prompt to download a copy of rogue program like Antivirus Plus. Once inside the computer, Antivirus Plus will alter the registry to make sure that it will run automatically upon Windows start-up. Antivirus Plus will generate excessive pop-up alerts and warning messages asking users to purchase the registered version of the program to be able to make computer free from threats. This is a clear indication that right from the start, the fraudulent activity centers on selling the unwanted program Antivirus Plus.
Recently detected that a fake warning below is part of the Antivirus Plus activities:
Security errors detected
Click to view error list. Remove this errors as soon as possible to prevent data lost and privacy information exposure.
Risk Level: Medium
File Size: Varies
Affected System: Windows
Antivirus Plus also performs the following:
1. Web browser will be hijacked to the infected web sites that can perform a drive-by-download method on visitors computer.
2. Presence of the unregistered version of the software that was installed unknowingly by the users.
3. Antivirus Plus will generate fake alert messages on the computer.
Your computer is infected by spyware – 32 serious threats are found while scanning your files and registry! It is strongly recommended to entirely clean your PC in order to protect the system against future intrusions.”
“Security Center Alert
Warning! Your computer is at risk. Antivirus Plus is inactive or might be out of date. Click this balloon to fix this problem or update your antivirus software. Antivirus software protects your PC against viruses, adware and other security threats.”
Signs and Symptoms of Antivirus Plus Infection:
Browser is redirected to Antivirus Plus web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Antivirus Plus will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Antivirus Plus will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Antivirus Plus will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Antivirus Plus:
- Antivirus Plus may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Antivirus Plus can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Antivirus Plus
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.