Kiwee Toolbar is another example of potentially unwanted program. It can get inside the computer without user’s permission. Most of the time, this program is wrapped to various freeware or shareware. You may not be aware but installing such program may also load unknown software into the PC. In the case of Kiwee Toolbar, it is installed as a browser helper object. It runs when affected Internet browser opens.
Unlike viruses, Kiwee Toolbar may possess distinct characteristics. It may not be as harmful as computer virus but this unwanted program can be much annoying once it gets part of the browser. Kiwee Toolbar not only integrates toolbar on the browser. It can modify certain settings that will redirect your searches to malicious or unknown web pages. In addition, Kiwee Toolbar can display excessive pop-up advertisements when you are surfing the web. If the code is installed in full, your home page may also be affected by replacing it with unknown search engine that aims to generate revenue though ads within its content.
As you can see, Kiwee Toolbar is malicious. It was made with malicious intent of utilizing your computer for its authors gain. We highly suggest removing this unwanted software with the help of tools and program provided on this page. Scanning the computer with your installed anti-virus product may not totally delete Kiwee Toolbar because as mentioned, it is not a virus. For this type of threat, anti-malware products are more valuable.
Signs and Symptoms of Kiwee Toolbar Infection:
Internet browser may exhibit pop-up advertisements
Adware, including Kiwee Toolbar are made to generate online revenue by promoting products through ads that it will display on affected browser.
Requested web page will get redirect to unknown URL
With the modifications carried out by Kiwee Toolbar, search results and requested web page will be rerouted to URL specified by the adware.
Kiwee Toolbar can integrate modules on the browser
Toolbar can be added by the adware on the browser which consists of various buttons promoting several web sites and online services.
How to Remove Kiwee Toolbar
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.