Spyware Protect 2009 is a counterfeit antispyware program that can be acquired by visiting malicious websites or via Trojan Downloader and Trojan Zlob. Upon infection by a Trojan, it will connect to a remote server and download a copy of Spyware Protect 2009 and install it on the compromised computer. This rogue program will attempt to convince computer users to pay for the registered version of the program by displaying fabricated can results and frequent alert messages.
This program will also modify Internet Explorer configuration to redirect web browser to another fake security websites and download another malware. To avoid this instances, it is advised to remove any Trojan and files associated with it using legit anti-malware program when symptoms were observed on computer.
Risk Level: Medium
Affected System: Windows
Spyware Protect 2009 also performs the following:
1. Internet browser or homepage will be redirected to the following websites:
2. Presence of files such as filedon.exe that can be downloaded from nerogiena.com/keshu/kebab/getexe.php?h=12
3. It will display alert messages like the following:
Signs and Symptoms of Spyware Protect 2009 Infection:
Browser is redirected to Spyware Protect 2009 web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Spyware Protect 2009 will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Spyware Protect 2009 will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Spyware Protect 2009 will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Spyware Protect 2009:
- Spyware Protect 2009 may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Spyware Protect 2009 can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Spyware Protect 2009
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.