stabilityinternetscan.com is a page where victims will be redirected after a Trojan has infected the computer. Normally, malware authors promote a fake product using browser hijacker. In this case, if you are redirected to stabilityinternetscan.com, the web page disguises as virus scanner. It impersonates your local scan by using a Windows Explorer-like interface. In reality, the scan is running on a web site.
After the scan, stabilityinternetscan.com will display a list of detected Trojans, viruses, and malware. It suggests instant removal and wants you to download a program. The scan, so as the results are fake, therefore, you must ignore it. Anything you download from the address stabilityinternetscan.com may harm the computer. Moreover, you may obtain a fake antivirus program that will rip off some money from your credit card account.
Once you bump into stabilityinternetscan.com, immediately close the browser and disconnect the Internet. Also, we highly advise running a full scan of your antivirus program to make sure that you can prevent viruses from harming the computer.
Screenshot Image of stabilityinternetscan.com:
Signs and Symptoms of stabilityinternetscan.com Infection:
Browser is redirected to stabilityinternetscan.com web sites
Trojan usually infects a web browser in order to redirect it to another web page that contains additional malware. In some instances, redirects are used to promote a rogue program such as fake antivirus products.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, stabilityinternetscan.com will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
stabilityinternetscan.com will detect errors and threats that do not exists
If the redirect intends to promote a rogue program, user may see a bunch of fake detection after the browser is redirected to a malicious page. Keep in mind that that detection is fictitious and does not really exists in the computer at all. This trick is common to viruses and malware that uses redirect methods.
Other Functions of stabilityinternetscan.com:
- stabilityinternetscan.com will arrive on computer via another virus infection
- Internet browser can be redirected to unknown address that is usually the location of other malware
- stabilityinternetscan.com may contact a remote computer and download more threats
- stabilityinternetscan.com will display excessive advertisements on the computer
- This threat also monitors Internet activity on the infected PC
How to Remove stabilityinternetscan.com
Remove the rootkit Trojan causing the redirect
Anti-rootkit utility called TDSSKiller is a free tool from Kasperksy that neutralizes complicated malware which effectively hides its process, folders, files and registry entries.
1. Download TDSSKiller from this link. Save the file to your desktop.
2. Extract the contents using archiver applications.
3. Reboot the computer in Safe Mode to avoid stabilityinternetscan.com from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
4. Locate and run the TDSSKiller.exe file.
5. On Object to Scan, please mark Services and drivers as well as Boot Sectors.
6. Click on Start Scan to begin scanning your system. This may take a while.
7. After the scan is finished, it will reboot the computer. That should complete the disinfection process.
Download and scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.