Anti-Virus Number-1 is a misleading computer application and was added in the lists of harmful rogue program. This threat will spread over the Internet by means of a Trojan and malicious web sites. This may come undetectable and penetrate a computer unknown to users. It instantly disables anti-virus program on the target computer. Then, Anti-Virus Number-1 drops several files including executable ones that is needed to load the program on every Windows start-up. Registry entries were also made to make Anti-Virus Number-1 part of the system.
Once installed, a continuous pop-up alerts and fake warning messages will flood the computer screen attempting to persuade users into buying the registration key. With rogue program, the only hope it gives to remove detected threats is by means of registered version. No need to worry about the threats flashed by Anti-Virus Number-1, they are all false information and was displayed only to deceive users. Moreover, it wanted to force computer users into paying for the full version of the software. You should not fall into this trick. Immediately cease your Internet connection to avoid further download of additional threat and work on the removal of Anti-Virus Number-1.
Eliminating Anti-Virus Number-1 virus may not be easy. There are modifications already performed on the PC that will make some tools and applications to malfunction. Task manager, registry editor and folder options are disabled. It is a long way to remove Anti-Virus Number-1 manually. So we suggest an automatic removal as indicated in the procedure below. Follow carefully and remove Anti-Virus Number-1 without obtaining its own licensed version.
Risk Level: Low
File Size: Varies
Affected System: Windows
Signs and Symptoms of Anti-Virus Number-1 Infection:
Browser is redirected to Anti-Virus Number-1 web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Anti-Virus Number-1 will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Anti-Virus Number-1 will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Anti-Virus Number-1 will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Anti-Virus Number-1:
- Anti-Virus Number-1 may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Anti-Virus Number-1 can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Anti-Virus Number-1
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.