Total Security is a fake antivirus application released by the same developers who created Antivirus 360. It utilizes similar Graphical User Interface (GUI) and techniques to deceive computer users into buying the said rogue program. Total Security can be downloaded onto computers by just visiting malicious websites that pretend as a legitimate security homepage with free online virus scanner. An associated Trojan is also assisting this malware to spread and infect computers globally.
Once infected, Total Security shows its symptoms by issuing fake alert messages and fabricated virus scan results. This was done to misinform computer users and hope that they will be guided to buy the rogue program. Total Security removal tool is provided on this page in the presence of MBAM. After installation, please update before scanning the computer.
Risk Level: Medium
File Size: Varies
Affected System: Windows
1. Presence of files like tsc.exe, Sc2C21UvvM.exe, winsource.dll, TSC.lnk, help.lnk, registration.lnk and Uninstall TSC.lnk.
2. Web browser will be redirected to powerfullantivirusproduct.com and checkmypcantivirus.com
2. It will display Total Security vulnerable files found!
Signs and Symptoms of Total Security Infection:
Browser is redirected to Total Security web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Total Security will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Total Security will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Total Security will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Total Security:
- Total Security may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Total Security can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Total Security
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.