Malware Cleaner is a harmful security product made to mislead Windows users. It will attempt to persuade users into obtaining the registered version by providing fake scan results on victim’s computer. This fake anti-virus software comes from a large group of malicious applications that has created various variants of it. Malware Cleaner is just a mimic of the other versions and only obvious change is its name. Graphical user interface and method of propagation remains the same. Usually, Malware Cleaner will be acquired from web sites that will disguise as an online virus scanner. These web sites will automatically run a scan on visitor’s machine, although it is not a real process, it will detect a number of threats in order to push visitors to install the trial version of Malware Cleaner.
Innocent users may think that the endorsed program will help remove threats, so many have fallen into the trick of this rogue program. Right after it is installed; it will carry another local scan on the computer and detects dozens of threats. An advice to remove these infections follows but can only be performed if the licensed version of Malware Cleaner is purchased. Users will be brought to an online payment web site where credit card account is needed to complete the transaction.
Signs and Symptoms of Malware Cleaner Infection:
Browser is redirected to Malware Cleaner web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Malware Cleaner will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Malware Cleaner will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Malware Cleaner will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Malware Cleaner:
- Malware Cleaner may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Malware Cleaner can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Malware Cleaner
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.