Malware Catcher 2009 is a rogue security and anti-malware application that will be installed on computer without users consent by downloading itself on computers who visited their own scam website. Malware Catcher performs fraudulent and untrusted virus scanning of computers with over-rated scan results to scare the victims and force them to buy the registered version of the software.
As mentioned, fake security websites, Trojan and fake multimedia coder/decoder (codec) are the most common ways to acquire Malware Catcher 2009 virus. When executed on computer, Malware Catcher 2009 will modify system settings so that it will run automatically when Windows is started.
Screenshot Image of Malware Catcher 2009:
Signs and Symptoms of Malware Catcher 2009 Infection:
Browser is redirected to Malware Catcher 2009 web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Malware Catcher 2009 will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Malware Catcher 2009 will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Malware Catcher 2009 will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Malware Catcher 2009:
- Malware Catcher 2009 may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Malware Catcher 2009 can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Malware Catcher 2009
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.