Adware.SpyAxe was tagged by security expert as one of the widely-spread and most successful rogue antivirus that has infected millions of computers around the world. Adware.SpyAxe generally pretends to be a security application but was created primarily to sell the rogue product by using unfair method of fake scanning and detection to assure the victim of its importance. This fake program was brought about by another Trojan that has the capacity to redirect web browsers to a malicious website and dropped a copy on the visitors computer. It will install itself automatically and there are also instances that users must have a consent in loading this to their computer.
Once loaded into the computer, it will never stop in displaying falsified information particularly fabricated virus scan results. This will show how infected the computer is even though in reality there is no sign of virus infection. A prompt to obtain a registered version of Adware.SpyAxe will remain active until such time that it was purchased. As expected, there is no guarantee that computer will be protected and be cleaned from viruses after the acquisition. As what we have always suggested, use only effective and real anti-malware program to remove Adware.SpyAxe.
Signs and Symptoms of Adware.SpyAxe Infection:
Browser is redirected to Adware.SpyAxe web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, Adware.SpyAxe will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
Adware.SpyAxe will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that Adware.SpyAxe will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of Adware.SpyAxe:
- Adware.SpyAxe may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- This threat will drop malicious files and make changes to the system registry
- Adware.SpyAxe can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove Adware.SpyAxe
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.