If your Mac is running slow and annoying pop-up advertisements begins to flood your screen, there is a possibility that it is infected with malicious program. In cases like this, one of your options is to scan the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. Formerly known as AdwareMedic, this tool deeply scans the computer and removes any harmful codes that degrade the overall performance.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac eliminates infamous Mac threats like Genieo, Vidx, and VSearch. It is also capable of finding and deleting malware, including Trojans, Viruses, Worms, and Potentially Unwanted Programs.
This remarkable tool quickly scans your Mac for threats and lets you remove it with just a few clicks. Thanks to its user-friendly graphical user interface. On top of that, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac provides a bunch of resources on how to progress if your system is still having some issues after the scan.
About Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.10 or higher
Get Scanner with Full Computer Protection
Having this full version gives your Mac computer a real-time protection, scheduled scanning and updating. For one time fee of $39.99, you’ll get instant defense against malware, malicious web sites and intruders.
Buy Full Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Get Scanner Only
This version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is Free. Start scanning your computer for malware, Trojans and viruses. Free edition will not guard your computer from threats and attacks.
Download Link for MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for Mac Scanner
How to Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and save it on your computer.
2. Open the downloaded MBAM-Mac-(Version).dmg. To proceed with the installation, drag it to Applications folder.
3. Once installed, go to the Applications folder and open the program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac.
4. If it prompts a message stating that “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store,” simply click on OK to proceed.
5. If this is the first time you will run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, it will prompt you for Username and Password to install a new helper tool. This tool is vital in removing any adware or malware from the computer.
Without this helper tool, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac may not fully remove any threats from the computer. Aside from this helper tool, another item needed to add on the keychain is com.malwarebytes.services. This is required to download important updates and database from Malwarebytes’ server.